Buy a cargobike
***We now stock Bertus cargobikes, the budget version of the Bakfiets brand. Starting at £1,260 they're great value and most of the Bakfiets accessories will fit them too. Contact us to to try out the demo Bertus we have for hires and try-outs!
Based in East London we're a social enterprise that puts some of our sales, hires and events profits back into local community projects. So we're the ethical choice for buying a cargobike!
We can deliver to elsewhere in the UK (delivery options are available).
What's the Carryme Bikes offer?
We often have our demo bikes for sale at a discount, because they have been used for hires and for demos with customers. Check out what's available below.
We also buy in new stock and sell at normal prices, which takes about 3 weeks. Sometimes we will have a new cargobike in stock that you can purchase straight away.
We give a 5% discount on purchases for members of the LCC and Cycling UK - this is applied after any existing discount, unless otherwise specified. This doesn't apply to hires, but we offer £5 off hires if you are a member of Cyclefox. However, if you hire a bike from us then buy it, we'll take the hire cost off the purchase price - see the Hire page for details.
We sell Azor Bakfiets, Bertus, and Nihola brands of cargobike. We also sell CarryFreedom trailers (for carrying cargo only, not people).
What's for sale now?
Right now we have the following in stock:
SHORT 2-WHEELER Azor Bakfiets - £
1,496 - ** now £1,395 ** 'Classic' style in RED, 8 gear Premium gearbox. Has been used as a hire bike and demo bike; a few small scratches on inside of the box; some holes already drilled in the box for our baby-carrying accessories (so you won't need to pay for this as an extra). Otherwise in excellent condition. Normal price: £1,900. Sale price of £1,395 is £505 off! (No further discount, e.g. with LCC membership, applies.) Raintent for the box comes in black or red, both in stock now with 'used' prices, while stocks last. Normal price: £194. Discount on either of them = £162 (no further discount applies). BLACK raintent extra special offer price: £50
This bike is also registered with Bike Register, so it's on a database that can be accessed in the event of theft.
LONG 2-WHEELER 'Bertus' brand - price TBC - Currently in our hire fleet, the lovely good-value Bertus will soon be on offer for sale. Coming with a smart black box and an extra slot-in seat you can comfortably seat three children in the box (or four just for photos.....). Expect a price of between £1300-£1400 'nearly new' - so, at least £400 off the Azor Bakfiets price for a similar machine. Get in touch to find out more!
LONG **Electric Assist** Azor Bakfiets 2 WHEELER - £3,442.50
Why choose CarryMe Bikes?
- A big advantage is being able to hire a cargobike (or trailer) before you buy, so that you can fully make up your mind. We take any hire costs off your purchase price.
- We provide a friendly, individually-tailored service in E5, East London.
- You're choosing the ethical option, because when our margins allow, 5% of our sales go back into the community in the form of projects, events, and free hires for local fundraisers.
- We specialise completely in cargobikes, family cycling and freight by bike.
- Your first tune-up service (within 8 weeks) is free. Thereafter, services start at £50 for our purchase customers (£55 for other customers). We can usually also provide you with a 'courtesy cargobike' so that you're not without your favourite mode of transport!