Hire a cargobike
Now we have SIX different brands of cargobike to offer you, and 9 different vehicles in the hire fleet (soon to be 10!). They are all for hire or for sale. We're bound to have the right one for you. You can try before you buy, and hire costs will be taken off your purchase price (usually up to a limit of £150, but exceptions can apply).
Urban Arrow - Bakfiets.nl - Bertus - Tern - Nihola - Sanitov - See photos below....
***Our Spring and Summer Saturday hours are 10am-6pm. Last hire return at 5:45pm please!***
During the week we're open 8:30am-6pm (except on Mondays when we're closed except for hire returns only, and closed all day Wednesdays.)
If you’re looking to hire a cargobike to carry out a task, have fun with the kids for a weekend, or just try out a cargobike properly before deciding to buy one, you’ve come to the right place.
If you want to hire for an event such as a wedding or kids' party, or to film/photograph using the vehicle, please read our Events Service page (coming soon - email or call us). Please talk to us about your event and we'll offer you a bespoke service and bespoke price. These types of uses have a very different nature to our everyday hires and we need to discuss the details. Thank you!Please read all the info here and then phone us to discuss what you need: 07725 466842 firstname.lastname@example.org
|Hire period length||Price|
|Return same day||£35|
|Up to 2 nights||£55|
|Up to 7 nights||£100|
|With electric assist||No extra charge!|
For all hires we also ask for £100 deposit, which is refunded when everything is satisfactorily returned. Read more about our deposit system (coming soon - see below for the time being). We may sometimes need to ask for a different deposit.
You would need to make an appointment slot both for pick-up and returning. Normally you'll be picking it up and dropping it back yourself. In rare cases we can do that for you, but we would need to charge an extra fee for that, dependent on circumstances.
Current opening hours are:
|Monday||closed EXCEPT for hire returns/pick-ups by appointment only|
|Tuesday||8:30am – 6pm|
8:30am - 6pm
|Friday||8:30am – 6pm|
|Saturday||10am - 6pm|
We currently have NINE different cargobikes for hire:
Two-wheeled boxbikes/bakfiets: 1. Bakfiets.nl Short; 2. Bakfiets Long with electric assist; 3. Bertus (like a Long Bakfiets.nl and made by the same manufacturer - Azor - but at a lower purchase price point), 4. Urban Arrow XL with flightcase; 5. Urban Arrow Shorty with two options for carrying items (ask us!);
3-wheeled Trikes: 6. Bakfiets.nl Trike 'standard', 7. Nihola 'family', 8. Nihola 4.0 with electric assist; 9. Sanitov MovE with electric assist;
'Longtail' cargobike: 10. Tern CargoNode (this also folds!) COMING SOON: 11. Tern GSD with electric assist
1. Bakfiets.nl Short 2-wheeler ABOVE - please note that this is a generic photo.
2. Bakfiets.nl Long on Twitter with electric assist
4. Urban Arrow Xtra Long with flightcase on Instagram with electric assist
5. Urban Arrow Shorty on Instagram with electric assist
6. Bakfiets Trike - 'standard' size on Twitter. Also: ABOVE - generic photo. Comes with flat box cover or children's raintent.
8. Nihola 4.0 with electric assist on Twitter
11. Tern GSD with electric assist - we'll be getting this in soon! (summer 2018)
They all come with locks, covers for the bakfiets/trike boxes, and covers for the whole bikes. You can also borrow baby-carrying equipment for free as part of the hire. You may need to provide your own lights depending on the model – please discuss with us first.
If you go on to buy any cargo bike from us within 6 months, we will take your hire costs off the purchase price, so that your hire(s) will effectively be free of charge (usually up to a value of £150).
The bikes are insured against theft and malicious damage and third party liability for the ‘driver’.
For use by your business you'd need to email us a copy of your public liability business insurance (just a photo of the front page would do). Or you will need to sign a disclaimer saying you will only use it for personal use, not business - and you must only use it for personal use.
We are based on Powerscroft Road, E5; full address details are given once an appointment is made.
To make a booking:
Check out the details about each bike and phone us to discuss your requirements 07725 466842 and to book email@example.com. In order to reserve the vehicle you'd like to hire, you will usually need to transfer the hire fee in advance – we will send you details about this. On the day of hire bring cash for the refundable deposit.
Ts & Cs
- You must tell us what you'll be using the vehicle for when enquiring about hire. 'Normal' use is for families with their own kids (or related/close friends); moving items that won't make an awful mess inside the cargobike; or try-before-you-buy. Outside those, we have a bespoke Events Service for events such as weddings and for filming.
- We don't normally advise carrying adults inside the cargobike unless they are sitting on the floor of the box (e.g. on a cushion!), not on the flip-up seats, which are designed for children. We can advise for your Event / filming work.
- Whoever is going to be driving the bike/trike must come to the safety briefing when picking it up.
- Normally, we don't expect the vehicle to be passed around a bunch of different drivers, much like with a hire car.
- If CarryMe Bikes has to cancel the hire before your pick-up for any reason that’s not your fault then we’ll refund the whole of your monies. (We’ll ask for your account details for a transfer.)
- If you have to cancel your hire less than 24 hours before before pick-up then we will have to keep £20 of your hire fee. If we are able to rent it out to someone else during your hire timeframe then we will refund you, less a £10 admin fee.
- You will need to bring £80 cash as a deposit when you pick-up your hire item.
- You must bring the hire item back in a clean and fully functioning condition and including all the accessories, on the date and time agreed in advance. Please don't drill holes in the box (yes, this has happened!) or otherwise meddle with the cargobike. Otherwise, we may have to keep some or all of your deposit.
- These Ts&Cs are not exhaustive and we reserve the right to add more!
- Despite all of the above.....you must have fun!