Tern’s Short Haul is essentially a cute, compact little cargobike very similar to the pricier Quick Haul or HSD but without electric assist – and a lower price-tag to match!
With a cargo capacity (max gross vehicle weight) of 140 kg (308 lb) and a whole ecosystem of accessories, hauling is as fuss-free as it gets. Whether it’s the weekly groceries, supplies for your gardening project, or even a bigger passenger, the Short Haul is built for the task.
It’s compact and nimble, with a long wheelbase and low centre of gravity that help deliver a super stable ride, even when carrying heavy loads. It’s the kind of bike you’ll find yourself using every day, even if you don’t need to do any hauling.
- Compact cargo bike that carries up to 50 kg on the rear rack, plus an additional 20 kg with optional front rack
- Fits riders of different heights from 147 – 190 cm (4’10” – 6’3”), weighing up to 120 kg (264 lb)
- Low standover height (49 cm or 19”) makes (dis)mounting and waiting at stops easier
- 1×8-speed Shimano Altus derailleur gears with trigger shifter
- Hydraulic disc brakes for great stopping power, even when carrying heavy loads